Before treating toenail fungus at home, it is necessary to determine the form and stage of the disease. With superficial onychomycosis, compresses and lotions are used. But if the nail fold is involved in inflammation, foot baths are performed. To prevent the reproduction of pathogenic fungi and bacteria, herbs and antiseptics are added to folk remedies.
How to identify an infection
Onychomycosis is a fungal infection of the cornea of the fingers. Clinical symptoms depend on the cause of the disease, the type of pathogen. Infection of the nails with a fungus is indicated by:
- white dots;
- free edge delamination;
- surface roughness.
At a late stage of the disease, the subungual and periungual spaces are affected. The skin acquires a red tint, becomes thinner, peels off, swells. Onychomycosis is fraught with the addition of a bacterial infection. This is indicated by suppuration around the thumb nail.
How to treat nail fungus with folk methods at home.
An acidic environment and high humidity are ideal conditions for the reproduction of the fungus. Therefore, onychomycosis is more common in people who neglect hygiene and suffer from hyperhidrosis. To eliminate fungal flora, folk remedies are used that have the following properties:
In the early stages, the fungus is easily treatable. The course of treatment with alternative medicine lasts from 1 to 6 months.
Onychomycosis is treated until healthy nails grow back. With advanced fungus, therapy takes 6-12 months.
You can quickly cure the fungus at home with tar. Contains toluene and xylene, which have antiparasitic and antiseptic effects. But in order to destroy the fungal flora, you need to use the remedy correctly:
- feet rise in the water for 15 minutes;
- the soft layer of nails is scraped off with a scraper;
- tar is applied on top for 30-40 minutes.
The affected area is treated with tar 3 times a day, and after the disappearance of symptoms of onychomycosis - 1 time, 15 minutes before bedtime.
Eucalyptus helps eliminate nail fungus in a couple of months. The plant has disinfectant, softening and deodorant properties. Eucalyptus ointment shows the greatest efficacy against the fungus:
- mix 5 ml of vinegar and melted honey;
- add 5-7 drops of eucalyptus extract;
- leave in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
The finished ointment is applied to damaged fingers and nail plates up to 5 times a day.
It is not recommended to use eucalyptus ointment if there are foci of purulent inflammation, cracks or open wounds on the legs.
Golden Mustache Tint
The fragrant callisia contains flavonoids and phytosterols, which help eliminate leg fungus within 2-3 weeks. Preparing the tincture is simple:
- 1 glass of crushed plant pour 200 ml of vodka;
- insist in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.
The tincture cleans the nails at least 5 times a day. With the redness of the nail roller, lotions are made for 15-20 minutes 3 times a day.
Mint and salt lotions are an easy way to treat toenail fungus. The tool destroys not only fungal, but also bacterial infection. It is used in the treatment of onychomycosis and to prevent purulent complications.
Recipe for an antifungal agent:
- 1 teaspoon dissolves in 200 ml of water. sea salt;
- add 10 ml of juice of mint leaves;
- gauze is moistened in the solution;
- applied in the interdigital area and the nails.
To eliminate the infection, you need to make lotions at least 2 times a day. If no improvement occurs, the procedure is done more often.
lilac flower tincture
The tool has an antiparasitic and healing effect. To eliminate onychomycosis on the legs, you need:
- put in a jar 2 tbsp. iflowers;
- pour 150 ml of vodka;
- insist in a dark place for 3 weeks;
- treat the affected areas with tincture three times a day.
With increased sweating of the legs, it is recommended to wipe the interdigital area with tincture at least 2 times a day.
With onychomycosis, you can fight compresses with kombucha. They smooth the surface of the nail, which makes it easier to remove layers with a fungal infection.
- Kombucha plates are applied to the fingers in the nail area;
- wrap the feet with polyethylene;
- fix the compress with a bandage;
- put on woolen socks;
- leave the compress overnight.
After waking up, the feet are washed with water, and the nail plates are treated with iodine or ammonia.
Kombucha is suitable for the treatment of athlete's foot, rubromycosis and other types of athlete's foot.
Poplar Bud Tincture
Poplar buds contain essential oils, salicylic acid and flavonoids, which destroy the fungus on the cornea of the fingers. In the fight against onychomycosis, they are used in the form of a tincture:
- ½ part of a glass with kidneys is poured into 150 ml of vodka;
- insist in a dark place for 2 weeks;
- clean the affected area with liquid 3 times a day.
Horny plate fungus is rarely found in isolation. To eliminate all lesions on the legs, make lotions with tincture for 25-30 minutes 2-3 times a day.
Wine vinegar against onychomycosis
Vinegar can cure fungus on the nails and on the skin: the feet or the area between the fingers. Antiseptic baths have a high penetrating ability:
- Heat ½ l of vinegar over the fire and pour it into a container;
- feet are immersed in the liquid for 15 minutes;
- dry the skin with a towel;
- put on warm socks.
After steaming, the vinegar does not wash off. The procedure is performed every other day before bedtime. This method of fungal treatment is used only in the absence of cracks and ulcers on the skin.
Quick treatment with sour cream with gunpowder.
A mixture of smokeless powder and sour cream helps eliminate toenail fungus in 2-3 weeks. The tool has a complex action: antifungal, antiseptic and healing. It is very easy to prepare and use:
- in 3 street. Ithick sour cream add 1 tsp. smokeless powder;
- the mixture is abundantly lubricated with injuries;
- wrap the feet with polyethylene and put on socks;
- leave the product overnight.
After waking up, the rest of the mixture is washed off with warm water.
Applications are recommended for at least 14 days in a row. With inflammation of the nail roller, 5 ml of sage broth is added to sour cream.
Vinegar and potassium permanganate
Toenail fungus can be destroyed with a solution of potassium permanganate and apple cider vinegar:
- 1 liter of vinegar (9% solution) is poured into 3 liters of hot water;
- add potassium permanganate so that the liquid acquires a pink tint;
- in the solution, the feet are steamed for at least 20 minutes before going to bed.
With onychomycosis with a strongly exfoliating nail, baths are carried out daily for at least 2 weeks. After the procedure, the exfoliating parts of the horny plates are carefully cut off.
Easy treatment: salt and soda
For the therapy of onychomycosis in the legs to be successful, an alkaline environment is created in the lesions. In it, the fungus does not multiply, so recovery occurs. To destroy the fungal flora, the following remedy is used:
- in 2 liters of water dissolve 1 tbsp. yoda and salt;
- legs are steamed in a heated solution for half an hour;
- Wash your feet with water and pat dry with a towel.
After bathing, it is desirable to treat the affected area with hydrogen peroxide, iodine. Essential oils of thyme or tea tree are applied to the interdigital area.
Natural coffee contains organic acids, trace elements and vitamins. Baths with this drink not only inhibit the reproduction of the fungus, but also stimulate local immunity. If peeling areas appear on the big toe, and the nail plates are covered with white dots, use this remedy:
- calle 5yoel coffee is boiled in 1 liter of water;
- fingers are immersed in a liquid with a temperature of up to 50 ° C;
- after 10 minutes, the skin dries, but the coffee residues are not washed off.
Foot baths should be done daily at bedtime. With the swelling of the nail roller, applications are made with coffee grounds.
The minimum course of therapy for onychomycosis is 2 months. Discontinuation of treatment is dangerous with relapses of the fungus.
Effective remedy for nail fungus - tea tree oil
Melaleuca essential oil is an effective antifungal agent with a healing effect. It can be applied as a compress or lotion. With extensive injuries, foot baths are used:
- in 1 liter of hot water dissolve 1 tsp. salt and soda;
- add 5 ml of melted honey and 20 drops of tea tree extract;
- legs rise for half an hour.
Dermatologists advise treating the affected plaques with oil at least 5 times a day.
Often, toenail fungus treatment at home is carried out with bee products. Propolis has a marked fungicidal and antiparasitic activity. To destroy the infection are used:
- Tincture. A piece of propolis is poured with vodka in a ratio of 1: 10. Infused in a cool place for 10-14 days. The agent treats the affected area 3-4 times a day.
- Water infusion. Crushed propolis is poured with water in a ratio of 1: 3. The liquid disinfects the lesions up to 5 times a day.
Alcohol tincture and water infusion are also used to combat mycosis of the legs. They are added to foot baths, compress solutions and lotions.
How to remove fungus with celandine
Celandine is a bactericidal and fungicidal agent. It destroys most of the fungi that parasitize the legs. To eliminate fungal flora, you need:
- grind fresh herbs in a meat grinder or blender;
- mix equally with medical alcohol;
- lubricate lesions with a solution three times a day.
With swelling of the nail roller and subungual space, a decoction of sage or calendula should be added to the solution. They destroy pathogenic bacteria, accelerate skin healing.
How to cure a fungus at home with iodine, peroxide and ammonia
Pharmacy antiseptic is the best remedy for toenail fungus. With the use of drugs, it is possible to quickly destroy the infection inside the plaques. To eliminate fungal flora are used:
- Hydrogen peroxide. Peroxide is mixed in equal amounts with boiled water. In a heated liquid, the legs are steamed for half an hour. After the procedure, the outer layer of the nail is cleaned and treated with salicylic acid.
- Iodine. In 2 liters of warm water add 30 drops of the drug and 3 tsp. soda. The feet are raised in the liquid for 25-30 minutes. Iodine foot baths should be performed 4 times a day.
- Ammonia. In a glass of water, dilute 15 ml of ammonia. A cotton pad is moistened in the liquid and applied to the lesions for 7-8 hours. It is best to put compresses at night.
To eliminate the fungus, the feet are treated with antiseptics for at least 3 weeks in a row. For dehydrated skin, a hypoallergenic cream with a neutral pH level is used.
How to prepare toenails for treatment.
Proper preparation is the key to effective treatment of onychomycosis in the legs. If you bathe every night, this will speed up the peeling of damaged horny plates.
- steamed. In 2 liters of hot water add 1 tbsp. isoda and 1 tsp. iodine solution. Raise your legs for 20-30 minutes.
- Cleaning. The soft layer of the nail plates is removed with a scraper, a nail file.
- Drying. After the procedure, the skin on the legs is dried with a towel. After that, antifungal agents are applied to the affected areas.
The recovery period will be reduced by 2-3 times if the procedure is performed daily.
Prevention of reinfection
Proper foot care prevents the proliferation of the fungus in the interdigital area, horny plates. To prevent recurrence of onychomycosis, you should:
- wash your feet with laundry soap twice a day;
- disinfect shoes with antiseptics at least once every three days;
- wear socks made of breathable materials;
- treat leg wounds with iodine or nitrofural.
A few weeks after the symptoms of the fungus on the legs disappear, you can not visit public swimming pools, saunas. The risk of reinfection is reduced with timely treatment of chronic diseases.